Saturday, October 15, 2011

(Product Review) Lifesavers Wint-O-Green

Looking over a calendar of October holidays, including a list of little known holidays, I decided to review several products to celebrate them. In addition to Halloween, I have included a few little known October holidays. I posted reviews for several products on another site before the site went bad. I am no longer affiliated with the site where I originally posted them, so decided to bring them to my own blog to share with my visitors.




Lifesavers Wint-O-Green - Great For Dry Mouth, Cravings, Breath Mints, Trick-or-Treats, Stocking Stuffers and More

Reviewed by kelly60 on 2011-10-15

Product Rating: 5

Community Rating: Very Helpful


Pros: Fat-free, sodium-free, low calorie, tastes great, lasts a long time, easily portable

Cons: No nutritional value, but still a better choice than many other treats.

Summary: These are one of my favorites because they taste great, are easily portable, great for dry mouth, breath fresheners, or to satisfy a craving for sweets.


Whether you need a quick fix for a dry mouth, a breath mint, or to satisfy a craving for sweets with something that is fat-free, sodium-free, and low in calories, Lifesavers Wint-O-Green candies are a perfect, portable treat.

Each Lifesavers candy is individually wrapped in clear plastic to make then easy to take with you anywhere, and I rarely go anywhere without them. I keep some in my car, my coat pocket, my karaoke bag, my kitchen, and at my desk. This way they are always within easy reach no matter where I go or what I do.

I love that I can keep them in my car year around without having to worry about them freezing or melting and making a mess. The same goes for my pocket. I used to carry snacks for the kids in my coat pocket and ended up throwing half of them away because they would become crushed or melted after carrying them around for a while. I have never had that problem with the Lifesavers.

I'm obviously not the only one who likes to keep these around though. At one doctor's office where I used to take my son when he was younger, the nurse always had a jar of these on her desk and would quite often offer one to my son. He would always thank her and ask her if he could have one for his mom too.

Lifesavers Wint-O-Green candies have a mild wintergreen flavor. It is a pleasant taste that can be enjoyed by both children and adults. My granddaughters know that I always have them at my desk and in my car so when they visit, they often ask me for one. Even though they have no nutritional value, I would much rather give them these than some of the other treats around because they are fat-free, sodium-free and lower in calories than many other snacks. It's nice that this is the one they generally ask for.

They are a hard candy, so they last a while, rather than giving the girls a piece of chocolate that will be gone in a few seconds and they come back for more. Usually, just one or two pieces will satisfy their desire for candy, and they move on to something else.

Each candy has 15 calories, and often I only grab one piece at a time, so this isn't going to do too much damage to my calorie count. Four pieces is considered a serving, and even at 60 calories and 15 carbs, it isn't that bad. You can do better calorie-wise if you choose the sugar-free varieties, but for those of us who can't tolerate the NutraSweet, these are a good choice. I also prefer to give these to the kids because I don't like giving NutraSweet to them, knowing how it affects me.

Each bag contains about 12 servings, or 48 pieces so I often pick up more than one bag at a time or sometimes buy them in the larger bags where available. Since these are fat-free and sodium free they are a good choice if you just need a little something to satisfy a craving.

Ingredients:
sugar, corn syrup, artificial flavor, stearic acid

These also make a great choice for handing out for Trick-or-Treats for Halloween, or for dropping a few into stockings for Christmas. The kids love them, and because they are fat-free, sodium-free, and low in calories, they are much better for them than some of the alternatives.


Originally published on Epinions.
#RealShoppingHelp

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and suggestions, but please don't spam. Comments are moderated, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam messages.