Sunday, December 9, 2012

(Product Review) Carex Bed Buddy Hot and Cold Pack with ThermaTherapy

Carex Bed Buddy Hot and Cold Pack with ThermaTherapy

Reviewed by kelly60 on 2012-12-09

Product Rating: 5

Community Rating: Very Helpful


Pros: Fast, effective relief from aches and pains. Hot and cold therapy. Reusable.

Cons: Surface washable only.

Summary: Provides soothing relief for sore, aching muscles, swollen joints, arthritis pain, and lots more.


I got my first Bed Buddy as a Christmas gift over a decade ago. I couldn't have asked for a more useful gift. Since that time, I needed to get additional Bed Buddies in order to have enough for the entire family because it seemed that everyone always wanted to use it.

The Carex Bed Buddy Hot and Cold Pack with ThermaTherapy is a wonderful hot and cold pack. It provides moist heat, or cold therapy to help relieve my aching back, neck, shoulders, or other areas. It is great for aching muscles, stiff neck, swollen joints, sprains and strains, and lots more.

The Bed Buddy is a long slender pouch filled with natural organic grains. It measures approximately 23 inches long by 4 1/4 inches wide so it works well for many areas of the body. I have used it mostly as a hot pack for back, neck and shoulder pain, although it works great for just about any area where you need either hot or cold therapy.

To use the Bed Buddy, simply place it in the microwave. I generally microwave mine for about a minute and a half, and would suggest this as a starting point for most people. If it isn't warm enough, you can return it to the microwave a little longer. I recommend 15 second intervals until you reach the desired temperature. It shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to reach the desired temperature, although since microwaves may vary, your results could be slightly different than mine.

 I haven't used it nearly as much as a cold pack, however placing it in the freezer for a couple of hours will give you a soft, gentle cold pack that can easily be applied to most areas of the body. I have used it on my neck, back, shoulders, knee, and forehead as a cold pack and found it to be effective for cold therapy as well.

Not only is the Bed Buddy great for soothing sore, achy muscles and other pains, but it is also great to get rid of a chill on a cold winter night. Applying a hot pack to my neck and shoulder area can really help when I come inside from the cold winter weather. Sometimes I toss it under the covers to take the chill off a few minutes before crawling in bed. During the summer, I have placed the cold pack across my neck and shoulders to help cool off.

The Bed Buddy is made of 72% cotton and 28% polyester. It has rope handles on both ends making it easy to hold in place, or even to strap it in place if desired. It is large enough to be useful for anyone, however the manufacture's age recommendation is age 15 and over. I have used it on all ages, however you should always be sure to test the temperature before applying this because it can get too hot if you aren't careful. Even when applying it to my own skin, I have heated it a bit too much and had to remove it for a few minutes until the temperature was right. The heated Bed Buddy can hold it's heat for up to an hour, although it will cool down gradually over time.

Although these are reusable, because the Bed Buddy is filled with grains, it is not machine washable. It is surface washable only, and can be wiped down with a damp cloth if necessary. I have several of these, and all of them have held up really well to repeated use.

This is probably one of the most used Christmas gifts I have ever been given, and I was very happy to receive it.



Originally published on Epinions.
#RealShoppingHelp

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and suggestions, but please don't spam. Comments are moderated, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam messages.