Friday, March 1, 2013

(Product Review) Yaley Candle Wicking: Bleached Flat Braid Medium

Yaley Candle Wicking: Bleached Flat Braid Medium

Yaley Candle Wicking: Bleached Flat Braid Medium 6 Ft.

Reviewed by kelly60 on 2013-02-28

Product Rating: 5

Community Rating: Very Helpful


Pros: Easy to work with, burns well, inexpensive, works with a variety of waxes

Cons: None

Summary: This wicking works well for medium sized candles ranging from approximately 2-3 inches in diameter. Other sizes are available for other candle sizes.


I love candles. Not only do I enjoy burning them but have enjoyed making my own candles for many years, and still enjoy it today. As I child, I started out with several assorted candlemaking kits, then added to my candlemaking supplies as time went by. Over the years I have experimented with a large variety of candlemaking materials including assorted types of waxes, candle dyes, candle scents, candle molds, wicking materials, and other assorted items.

One of the essentials for making any candle is some sort of wicking material, and one of the ones I have used most often is  Yaley Candle Wicking. This review will cover the Yaley Bleached Flat Braid Medium Candle Wicking, which is a good size for most medium sized candles ranging from around 2-3 inches in diameter. I paid around $2 per package for 6 feet of this wick. In addition to the medium size reviewed here, this wicking is also available in various sizes including small, medium, large, and extra large, so be sure to choose the appropriate size for your candle making project.

This wicking is made of cotton, so it burns well and consumes itself as it burns down evenly rather than leaving pieces of burnt wick floating around the top of your candle. This is a flat braid wicking which has four sides and is easy to work with. It is the wireless type, which is what I generally prefer to use for most of my candles. It works well for most, if not all types of waxes including paraffin, gel, soy and crystal.

Unlike some of the other brands I have used, the wicks do not flare up, burn down too quickly, smoke excessively, or refuse to light. They burn well the first time, and every time. I have used it for years, and have always been happy with the results of the Yaley brand.

If you enjoy making your own candles, I recommend this wick for medium sized candles. You can also use it with other size candles to control the amount of drip you get from the candle. With a little practice and experimentation, you can find the perfect size for most any candle making project.


Originally published on Epinions.
#RealShoppingHelp

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and suggestions, but please don't spam. Comments are moderated, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam messages.