Saturday, April 15, 2017

(Product Review) Renal Slow Cooker Cookbook: 50 Delicious & Hearty Renal Diet Recipes That Practically Cook Themselves by Carrillo Press


There is a lot of good information in this eBook, Renal Slow Cooker Cookbook: 50 Delicious & Hearty Renal Diet Recipes That Practically Cook Themselves by Carrillo Press for those with kidney disease. The book starts with an introduction to kidney disease and nutrition needs for the various stages. It gives some good basic information and advice from the author, as well as precautionary statements regarding checking with your doctor before beginning this or any other diet.

In addition to this background information, this recipe book also includes a variety of recipes which are geared toward those with kidney disease. Although the title of the book specifically says "slow cooker cookbook," the book also includes a few recipes that are made using other methods. This in no way detracts from the book, but was unexpected as I was looking through the book.

The recipes in the book are easy to follow, and include nutrition information, which can be helpful in managing your kidney disease. The only thing I did not like about the book was that the ingredient list was written in a smaller font than the instructions were, and this made it harder for me to read. Since I opened the eBook on my computer, it was easy enough to enlarge the print so that I was able to read it without a problem, and it was more of a minor annoyance than anything else.

The book was categorized into sections for meats, poultry, soups, salads, etc. so finding a specific type of recipe isn't an issue. I enjoyed looking through the recipes though I have only tried a couple of them so far. There are others that I will be trying soon, and I think that all in all, this is a good collection, especially for those with renal/kidney problems.

I often receive discounts or complimentary samples for evaluation. All thoughts and opinions are always my own and are never influenced by discounts or samples. Questions and comments are always welcome.

#RealShoppingHelp

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and suggestions, but please don't spam. Comments are moderated, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam messages.