Friday, October 21, 2011

(Product Review) Hershey Miniatures 2 lb Bag - Great for Halloween, Christmas and More

Looking over a calendar of October holidays, including a list of little known holidays, I decided to review several products to celebrate them. In addition to Halloween, I have included a few little known October holidays. I posted reviews for several products on another site before the site went bad. I am no longer affiliated with the site where I originally posted them, so decided to bring them to my own blog to share with my visitors.


Hershey Miniatures 2 lb Bag - Great for Halloween, Christmas and More

  • Review by kelly60
     in Home and Garden
     in Music, Home and Garden 
      October, 21 2011
  • Pros: Great tasting chocolate, good variety, something for everyone. Less than 50 calories per piece.
    Cons: All chocolate has calories...
    With Halloween and Christmas coming, it is time to think about what sort of treats to give to the monsters and goblins who come to your door, and what goodies to fill the stockings with. Hershey Miniatures are a perfect choice for both occasions.

    A 2-pound bag of Hershey Miniatures goes a long way. It has four different types of your favorite candy bars to satisfy just about everyone, and all this is in one bag. The Hershey Miniatures assortment includes: Hershey's Milk Chocolate, Mr. Goodbar, Krackel and my favorite, Special Dark.

    Hershey's Milk Chocolate is a deliciously creamy milk chocolate bar. Mr. Goodbar has peanuts, smothered in rich, creamy Hershey's milk chocolate. Krackel is filled with crunchy, crisp rice bits that are covered in smooth, delicious Hershey's milk chocolate. Special Dark is a delicious, mildly sweet dark chocolate. All four flavors are delicious, and the variety in this bag is great.

    A serving size of Hershey Miniatures is 5 pieces. Each serving contains 210 calories, 110 of which come from fat. They also contain 55 mg of sodium and 25 grams of carbs. I have added the complete nutrition information further down for those interested.

    Although I can't tell you that the Hershey Miniatures are good for you, I don't think that eating a few every now and then is too terrible. In fact, I like to think that the Special Dark ones may actually have some health benefit since studies show that dark chocolate contains antioxidants, and that antioxidants may help to improve your cardiovascular health.

    Healthy or not though, I know that it is delicious and has less than 50 calories per piece. That is not so bad when I compare it to some other snack foods that don't usually satisfy a chocolate craving nearly as well.

    I remember these as a kid. My sisters, my brother and I would return from our Halloween Trick-or-Treating and pour out our candy to examine. There were four of us and of course we all had our favorites. I always swapped with the others and ended up with all of the special dark bars.

    Years later, when my kids returned home with their treats, I often was offered a special dark or two from their collection. They don't seem to like the dark chocolate as well as the others, but that is okay since there are 3 other flavors in the bag and they all have their favorites too.

    I often buy a bag or two of these for Halloween, and sometimes for Christmas as well. We don't get a lot of Trick-or-Treaters because we live out of town, so one bag is usually plenty to last me through the evening. I sometimes buy a second bag though, and save it for later, once the candy from Halloween is gone.

    Nutrition Information from the Hershey website:
    Kosher Status: OU-D
    Serving Size: 5 pieces (43.00 g)
    Total Calories 210
    Calories from Fat 110
    Amount Per Serving %DV *
    Total Fat 13 g 20%
    Saturated Fat 7 g 35%
    Cholesterol 5 mg 1%
    Sodium 55 mg 2%
    Total Carbohydrate 25 g 8%
    Dietary Fiber 2 g 8%
    Sugars 22 g
    Sugar Alcohols 0%
    Protein 3 g
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 4%
    Iron 6%

    *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
    Calories: 2,000 2,500
    Total Fat Less than 65g 80g
    Sat Fat Less than 20g 25g
    Cholesterol Less than 300mg 300mg
    Sodium Less than 2,400mg 2,400mg
    Total Carbohydrate 300g 375g
    Dietary Fiber 25g 30g

    Hershey's goal is to keep each product's nutrition information up-to-date and accurate but please consult the label on the product's packaging before using. If you notice that something is different on a product's label than appears on our website, please call us for more information at (800) 468-1714. 


Originally published on Epinions.
#RealShoppingHelp

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and suggestions, but please don't spam. Comments are moderated, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam messages.