Friday, October 14, 2011

(Product Review) Sesame Workshop - Sesame Street Oscar the Grouch's Green Stickers

Looking over a calendar of October holidays, including a list of little known holidays, I decided to review several products to celebrate them. In addition to Halloween, I have included a few little known October holidays. I posted reviews for several products on another site before the site went bad. I am no longer affiliated with the site where I originally posted them, so decided to bring them to my own blog to share with my visitors.

October 15, National Grouch Day:
Oscar's Trashy Songs by Sesame Street (Music) 

Sesame Workshop - Sesame Street Oscar the Grouch's Green Stickers (Books)





Sesame Workshop - Sesame Street Oscar the Grouch's Green Stickers (National Grouch Day Oct. 15)

Sesame Workshop - Sesame Street Oscar the Grouch's Green Stickers

Reviewed by kelly60 on 2011-10-14

Product Rating: 5

Community Rating: Very Helpful


Pros: Fun for young children, educational

Cons: A bit expensive at $6, but I found mine for around $2 instead

Summary: Fun and educational for younger kids. My granddaughters enjoyed them, and they were well worth the $2 that I paid for them.


In honor of National Grouch Day (October 15) I would like to share this cute little sticker book with you. Sesame Street Oscar the Grouch's Green Stickers from Sesame Workshop is a 4 page sticker book for children.

This is a pocket size sticker book, and Oscar the Grouch will teach your children about all things green. The book contains 25 peel-and-apply green stickers. Some of the stickers include a turtle, dinosaur, grasshopper, caterpillar, frog, and of course Oscar the Grouch.

It is a paperback book and measures 5.8 x 4.1 x 0.2 inches so it can easily be tucked in your pocket, purse, diaper bag, or carried in your car. This makes it nice for road trips or those times when you have a little time to kill and need to keep your children or grandchildren occupied.

Although it is rated for children from 4-8 years old, even younger children can enjoy looking at the pictures and talking about them. My 2 year old granddaughter loves to look at the pictures and tell me what they are. Even kids who are too young to enjoy the stickers can still enjoy the book.

We spent a lot of time looking at the book and talking about Oscar and the other pictures before we actually played with the stickers. Once they were discovered though, she enjoyed them as well. They are a little hard for a 2-year old to put in place because the eye-hand coordination isn't quite as advanced as children who are slightly older. Still, she had fun and the peel-and-stick stickers make it easy to use.

While I thought that the $6 that I have seen this go for was a bit much for such a small sticker book, I was happy to find them for around $2 instead. I think that they are well worth the money I paid for them because the girls all love them.

Sesame Street Oscar the Grouch's Green Stickers was published by Dover Publications on September 2009. The isbn number for this book is 9780486330020



Originally published on Epinions.
#RealShoppingHelp

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and suggestions, but please don't spam. Comments are moderated, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam messages.