Saturday, December 29, 2012

(Product Review) Nestle Tollhouse Premier White Morsels

Nestle Tollhouse Premier White Morsels 12 ounce (Pack Of 12)

Product Rating: 3

Community Rating: Very Helpful


Pros: Nestle brand name

Cons: Not white chocolate, artificial vanilla flavor

Summary: Don't be fooled into thinking these are white chocolate. They are artificial vanilla flavored, and not what I expected.


As I have mentioned in previous reviews, my family often enjoys cookies. I make them often for holidays and everyday treats. Sometimes these are homemade cookies, and sometimes ready to bake cookies. One of the cookies I bake most often from scratch is chocolate chip cookies. For these I prefer Nestle Tollhouse Semi Sweet Chocolate Morsels. At times I like to add a bit of variety to my cookie recipes by either substituting or adding other ingredients. One of the products I picked up to add variety to my cookies was Nestle Tollhouse Premier White Morsels.

I like white chocolate and had no problem picking up multiple packages of these white morsels for my cookies. Unfortunately, I was disappointed to discover that the white morsels are not white chocolate at all, but vanilla flavored chips instead. I wish I had read the bag more closely because nowhere on the bag does it state that these are white chocolate, simply white morsels.

These chips aren't bad, but definitely not what I was expecting. Instead of the rich smooth taste of white chocolate that I was looking for, I got a somewhat artificial taste of vanilla. I really didn't care for the taste of them straight from the bag, and decided against using them alone in a cookie recipe, but threw a lesser amount of these in with the chocolate chips without any adverse affects.

Like chocolate chips, you can use these in a variety of recipes including candy, cookies, muffins, and more. They also work well for decorating cupcakes or sugar cookies. I just wish that the flavor was more in line with what I was expecting.

Although I generally prefer Nestle Morsels to other brands, this is one product that I cannot recommend unless you enjoy artificial vanilla flavor. Personally, the reason I bought these was because I wanted to add some white chocolate for variety in my cookies, but don't be fooled into thinking that this is what you are getting because it is not.

Even though I didn't care for these morsels, I have to be fair and give them an average rating rather than a failing grade because even though they didn't meet my expectations, they weren't terrible. They reminded me more of a generic product than what I would expect from a company like Nestle, but were still usable, even if I needed to combine them with other chips to achieve the desired results.

Had I been of a mind to make vanilla chip cookies, I suppose I might have been more satisfied with this purchase, but as it stands, I can only give them an average three star rating.



Originally published on Epinions.
#RealShoppingHelp

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and suggestions, but please don't spam. Comments are moderated, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam messages.