Friday, December 28, 2012

(Product Review) Yankee Candle Mango Peach Salsa

Yankee Candle Mango Peach Salsa 22 oz

Product Rating: 3

Community Rating: Very Helpful


Pros: Yankee Candles is a name I trust. Burns evenly, lead-free wick. Pretty jar. Long lasting.

Cons: Scent is pleasant, but much to weak to enjoy.

Summary: Good quality candle, but the scent is much to weak to be enjoyable. I would opt for another fragrance instead.


I have always loved candles. I use a lot of handmade candles, but sometimes I choose to buy jar candles such as this Yankee Candle Mango Peach Salsa Jar Candle. Although I bought this particular candle in the large 22 ounce decorative jar, it is also available in both medium and small size jars.

This jar candle usually costs around $25-$30 per candle, however if you shop around you can often find it for less, especially if you watch for coupons and sales. I paid around $15 for this particular candle, which is much more reasonable in my opinion.

At first glance, this candle is a large peach colored candle in a pretty glass jar with a snugly fitting lid. I liked the color, and upon removing the top, enjoyed the fruity aroma of mango and peach. I looked forward to bringing this candle home.

Once home, I again removed the top and lit the candle. Although the aroma was still pleasant, it seemed much weaker than any of the Yankee Candles I have purchased in the past. This was somewhat of a disappointment because I often burn candles to enjoy the aroma throughout my home, and it was barely noticeable even when placed next to the chair where I was sitting. I might have expected this from some of the off-brand candles I have used at times, but not from a Yankee Candle. These are generally strong enough to provide a pleasant scent to a much larger area.

The fruity scent of the unlit candle was nice, however the scent was much too light to be enjoyable once the candle was lit. This would be fine for those who purchase candles strictly for lighting purposes, however, if you enjoy the aroma of a scented candle, this is probably not one you would enjoy.

Even so, I burn this candle from time to time and it always burns evenly. The wick is lead-free and I have had no issues with the way it burns. These candles are made to last, and have a long burning time. I couldn't say for sure how many hours these will last, but have burned it off and on for several months and it still has a long life ahead of it.

Even though I love Yankee Candles, I can't recommend this particular scent because it simply isn't strong enough to make it worth the price of the candle. I would opt for one of the many other fragrances instead.



Originally published on Epinions.
#RealShoppingHelp

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and suggestions, but please don't spam. Comments are moderated, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam messages.