Thursday, July 28, 2016

Insights on My Ratings and Reviews

I call them as I see them, and will not unfairly rate things lower just because other reviewers, sellers, or customers do not agree with my opinions. I thought that was the whole point of getting ratings from various people instead of having just one opinion.

I have been writing product reviews for many years. As a former Epinions Top Reviewer and Advisor in several categories the past, I am continuing my efforts to share the good, the bad and the ugly of various products with the intent of educating consumers one review at a time. I am a mother and grandmother sharing my insights and experiences with products and services of many kinds. My family and I have widely varied interests, and I love to review everything from electronics and gadgets to automotive products, to gardening and household items, to children's and pet items, and so much more more.

If you find my reviews helpful, please click the thumbs up on them. If there is a problem with them, please let me know how I could make them better. I am always striving to improve and welcome constructive criticism.

For those who stalk reviewers who review products received free or with discounts just to down-rate all reviews posted with a disclaimer, think about what you are doing. Many of us provide fair and honest reviews, and those who stalk and attack these reviews are doing exactly what they are accusing others of. My reviews are all my honest opinions, yours appear to be based solely on the fact that someone else got something you didn't. I am sorry if your jealousy clouds your vision, but please just stop and think about what you are doing and your motives behind it. If you are honest with yourself you will stop stalking those you don't agree with and just post your own opinions like an honest reviewer would do...

If you have seen my reviews on Epinions or other sites you will know that the way I rate products has not changed a lot over the years whether they are free, discounted, or full priced. I don't often have a lot of lower ratings because I am a careful shopper and generally don't buy things unless I am pretty sure they are what I want. This is true of both promotional products and products I purchase with my own money. I won't necessarily rate a product down just because it isn't what I wanted. If it lives up to the claims, it is probably not a bad product.

I once heard some others express their disbelief that I would rate a McDonald's restaurant at 5 stars and my response was simple. The food was good, the service was good, the place was clean, and the price was right. I would have expected more from a restaurant that charged ten times the price, but this was rated highly because it was exactly what I expected, and what I paid for. If I had gotten a milkshake and burger from an expensive restaurant and paid ten times the price for it, I would have expected more so my ratings may be as high. It has a lot to do with expectations and whether I am getting what is claimed, or if the description has me expecting a lot more than what I actually receive.

I call them as I see them, and will not unfairly rate things lower just because other reviewers, sellers or customers do not agree with my opinions. I thought that was the whole point of getting ratings from various people instead of having just one opinion.

#RealShoppingHelp #Reviews #ProductReviews #RatingScale #AmazonReviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and suggestions, but please don't spam. Comments are moderated, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam messages.