Sunday, July 31, 2016

(Product Review) I Max 45% Trichloroacetic Acid Serum-Deep Chemical Peel-1 oz



I don't have a lot of experience with using chemical peels, but decided to try the I Max 45% Trichloroacetic Acid Serum-Deep Chemical Peel in hopes of reducing my fine lines and wrinkles and to help tighten the loose skin on my neck.

I followed the directions and did a patch test on a small area, and found that this concentrated formula was much too strong for me. I diluted it 2:1 at first, then increased the dilution to 4:1 before trying it  out on a larger area.

Even the 4:1 dilution was strong enough to cause some discomfort. It burned a bit and my face was pretty red even when diluted, but not so much that it couldn't be tolerated. The burning sensation does die down after several minutes, although the redness lasts a bit longer.

I have only been using this for about a week now, since it took several days to figure out just how much dilution was necessary. I will need to use it longer before I can make a final recommendation since the changes often take a couple of weeks.

I do suggest that you be certain to follow directions if  you decide to use this product. It is very strong and will most likely need diluted to some extent, depending on how sensitive your skin is. Be sure to do a patch test as recommended, preferably in a less conspicuous area, to determine how much you will want to dilute this. Always use a sunscreen after use if you are going outdoors since this will make your skin more sensitive to the sun.

It will likely cause redness and peeling for a while so you will want to try it when you haven't got anywhere important to go where this could be a problem for you. Give it some time to work. It isn't an instant cure and can take a while to see the results you want.

Although I was offered this product at a discount or received a complimentary sample in exchange for my fair and honest review, all thoughts and opinions on the products I review are always my own and have not been influenced by any discounts or samples which may have been provided to me for testing purposes. Questions and comments are welcomed.

#RealShoppingHelp #tcachemicalpeel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and suggestions, but please don't spam. Comments are moderated, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam messages.