Saturday, June 18, 2016

(Product Review) Cujo Control Dog Training Collar CC-710A



I have a rescue dog that does pretty well most of the time, but does need a bit of correction from time to time. I really don't like using a shock collar on her, so I really love that this Cujo Control Dog Training Collar CC-710A has multiple settings that allow me to correct her with an audible tone, a vibration, or a static shock at various settings.

I opened the box and found the collar with a receiver attached, the remote control, a second set of shorter prongs, a test light, a USB charging cable with a AC adapter, and the instruction manual. They also give you access to a free eBook to help you train your dog.

I love that both the remote control and the receiver are rechargeable so I don't need to be running out for batteries like I did with some of the other devices I have used. The directions say to charge both the remote and the receiver for 3 hours each before the first use. I wish that there were either 2 charging cables or that it took a standard micro USB so that I could have charged both simultaneously, but since there is only one charging cable they needed to be charged separately.

Since both were at least partially charged when they arrived, I went ahead and programmed the remote while waiting for the collar to charge.This remote comes with one training collar, but can be used with two collars if you want to purchase a second one.

When programming the receiver you first change the setting to A (your first collar) or B (a second collar if you have one) or AB for both collars. The audible tone setting can be set to beep one, two or three times. The vibration setting can be adjusted to your choice of 3 settings as well. The shock setting has a wider range of settings, and can be adjusted to a variety of levels. It is recommended that you start with the lowest setting and work your way up if needed.

I hope to never need to use the shock setting, and so far the audible setting has been enough for most of my needs. The only time I needed to resort to the vibration setting was when her barking undoubtedly made the beep difficult to hear, and even then one quick touch of the vibration button was enough to make her stop and look around in confusion. She is learning rather quickly, and is obeying much better.

I love the water resistant design that allows me to take her out in the rain without worrying that the collar will be ruined. I also love the back lighting feature so that I can easily see what I am doing when I take her outside in the evenings. I also love that this product is covered by a lifetime guarantee. This is a good quality collar, and is definitely helping to keep her under control.

When you first get the collar, be sure to charge both the receiver and the remote control. Make sure you use the proper prongs for your dog. Mine came with the longer ones pre-installed. These are perfect for larger dogs or dogs with a lot of hair. There is also a smaller set included which should be used on smaller dogs without a lot of hair. The prongs should penetrate to the dog's skin so that a contact can be made for either shock or vibrations to reach the dog.

In addition to using the correct prongs for your dog, you should also be certain that the collar is adjusted properly. To get a good fit you should place the collar on the dog's neck, closer to the ears is best. You should be able to slip a couple of fingers under the collar to ensure that it isn't too tight.

They also suggest that you shouldn't leave the collar on for more than about 12 hours at a time, and that you should check the neck area for any signs of irritation on a daily basis, just to be sure. I have had no problems with this collar and am glad I bought it.

Although I was offered this product at a discount or received a complimentary sample in exchange for my fair and honest review, all thoughts and opinions on the products I review are always my own and have not been influenced by any discounts or samples which may have been provided to me for testing purposes. Questions and comments are welcomed.

#RealShoppingHelp #cujocontrol

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and suggestions, but please don't spam. Comments are moderated, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam messages.