Thursday, June 16, 2016

(Product Review) MAGIC MILL Countertop Food Dehydrator, with 6 Stainless Steel Drying Shelves, Digital 8 Preset Temperature controls and timer, Airflow Circulation Technology



I have been dehydrating foods for several years, and have often thought about upgrading to a better food dehydrator. I ordered this MAGIC MILL Countertop Food Dehydrator, with 6 Stainless Steel Drying Shelves, Digital 8 Preset Temperature controls and timer, Airflow Circulation Technology Dry's it Even from 95º F to 158º F, BUNDLE Includes 6 BPA FREE Plastic Fine Mesh Trays, 2 FDA Approved Silicone Oven Mitts, Black and am very happy that I did.

This food dehydrator contains 6 stainless steel shelves, which allows me much more drying space than my other dehydrator. Additionally, this comes with 6 BPA-free plastic trays which can be used for smaller foods that might otherwise fall through the cracks.

Both have fans to circulate the air throughout the dehydrator, but this one does a much better job of circulating the air. With this one the air circulates from the back to the front instead of from the top down like my other machine. This is much more efficient since the efficiency of the other one is greatly reduced by having foods on all of the shelves. This one seems to circulate the air efficiently no matter if the trays are all filled or not.

I also love that this one has a thermostat so you can adjust the drying temperature anywhere from  95º F to 158º F which means that you can always reach a safe drying temperature for whatever foods you are dehydrating. There were some foods that I was not able to properly dry in my old dehydrator because it had no thermostat so I could not tell whether or not I was reaching the proper drying temperature for safely dehydrating certain foods.

Additionally, there is a timer so you can set the desired time and it will shut off automatically. Many nights we set an alarm to get up and check our foods in the middle of the night with our old machine so that they wouldn't get overdone by morning. I love that I can also peek into the clear panel to see the progress rather than taking out multiple trays to check on them like I did with the old dehydrator.

I also much prefer the square shape to the round shape of my other dehydrator because it fits nicely on my counter, and the space it takes up is all usable space. So far I have used this to make jerky, and to dehydrate various fruits and vegetables.

I will be using it a lot more as I harvest fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs from my garden. I have also been researching and have found lots of great recipes. I plan to make my own dehydrated meals that can be rehydrated and cooked easily. I was really thrilled to get this product at a discount, and will be using it a lot.

Although I was offered this product at a discount or received a complimentary sample in exchange for my fair and honest review, all thoughts and opinions on the products I review are always my own and have not been influenced by any discounts or samples which may have been provided to me for testing purposes. Questions and comments are welcomed.

#RealShoppingHelp #magicldehydrator

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and suggestions, but please don't spam. Comments are moderated, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam messages.