Friday, August 19, 2016

(Product Review) Escolite Black Light 100 UV LED Blacklight Flashlight



The Escolite Black Light 100 UV LED Blacklight Flashlight is a large, blacklight flashlight that shines very brightly. It is powered by 6 AA batteries which are not included in the package. It comes with a pair of UV protective safety sunglasses, which you are advised to wear as a precaution if your eyes may accidentally be exposed to this UV light.

As you may (or may not) know, UV lights can make things visible that you may not otherwise be able to see. Things such as pet urine, mouse droppings, and traces of bodily fluids are a few such examples. For this reason, you could use a light such as this one to inspect for rodent problems, areas where you may not have gotten as clean as you thought, or even to check out the hotel room you are about to stay in.

The light works well, and because it is much larger than my other UV flashlights, it covers a much larger area in one sweep, rather than having to check a small section of the carpet at one time. It does a very good job of checking for any accidents one of the dogs may have had. This is important since I have an older dog who sometimes dribbles a bit when she gets excited, and if not properly cleaned up, it can cause pet odors. I like to be able to check carefully to be sure that I don't miss any of her accidents, and this light is the perfect tool for the job.

The only issue I have with this light is the sheer number of batteries it takes. This is mentioned in the listing, but I thought it should be mentioned here again. AAA batteries are easy to find, and fairly inexpensive, but this light takes 6 of them, so it is important to understand that these are not included with your purchase and that you may want to be sure to keep an ample supply on hand. It seems I never have nearly this many available at once, and even though I try to keep rechargeable batteries on hand, it doesn't always work out that I have enough that are charged and ready to go.

I wish it were rechargeable, but unfortunately, you will need to keep buying batteries in order to use this. Fortunately, the batteries I installed are lasting quite a while, so hopefully I won't need to replace them for  a while.

Although I was offered this product at a discount or received a complimentary sample in exchange for my fair and honest review, all thoughts and opinions on the products I review are always my own and have not been influenced by any discounts or samples which may have been provided to me for testing purposes. Questions and comments are welcomed.

#RealShoppingHelp #PatiolightsG40

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and suggestions, but please don't spam. Comments are moderated, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam messages.